1. JurisMS is a messaging platform that helps attorneys communicate with their clients via text message from any device and without divulging their personal cell phone number. You are responsible for any Content you provide in connection with the Services. We cannot control the actions of anyone with whom you or any other JurisMS users may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Content you or any user disseminates or transmits through the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Although we may allow our users to set privacy options that limit access to certain parts of the Services, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and that we are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures contained on the Services. JurisBytes does not encourage you to make any personally identifiable information (Personal Information) public other than what is necessary for you to use our Services. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of Content may remain viewable in cached pages, archives and storage backups or if other users have copied or stored your Content. We will make efforts to remove the Content under our control that is not part of another user's account.
2. You may request removal of Personal Information (as described below) that you have provided to us by contacting us. We will remove your Personal Information from our database on your request, but this information may remain in our server logs as part of our standard backup procedures, unless prohibited by contract or law. A verified Organization administrator or Organizer may be able to upload and provide information about you to your account; if you would like to remove or amend that information, you may have to contact and work directly with that administrator or Organizer.
3. Any improper collection or misuse of Content or other information accessible on the Services is a violation of JurisBytes's Terms of Service and should be reported to info@JurisBytes.com.
C. How is children's personal information treated?
1. We have included some information below related to the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act ("COPPA"). COPPA requires that online service providers obtain parental consent or provide notice before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13 ("under-13 users"). JurisBytes, as a policy, does not to provide our services to under-13 users. Pursuant to COPPA, we may collect personal information related to a person under the age of 13 person’s personal information, under-13 person’s parent's (or legal guardian's) personal and contact information in order to provide Services related to our product users’ ordinary course of business.
2. JurisBytes does not, as a policy, contact any under-13 person for any purpose, including for the purpose of allowing access to and use of the Services. If any user's JurisBytes account is inactive for at least twelve months (meaning, the account has not received a message through the Services in that period of time), JurisBytes's policy is to delete all associated Personal Information. If we learn we have collected Personal Information regarding an under-13 person other than pursuant to the above, or if we learn that an under-13 person has provided us Personal Information without notice and approval by their parent or guardian, we will delete that information as quickly as possible after we have identified it. If you believe that an under-13 person may have provided us Personal Information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at info@JurisBytes.com.
3. In the event that it becomes appropriate for an under-13 person to gain access to any JurisBytes features or services, JurisBytes may employ one or more methods approved by the Federal Trade Commission for verifying parental consent.
D. What information does JurisBytes display or collect?
1. When you use the Services, you may set up your personal profile, send messages, run reports, and transmit information through various channels as permitted by the functionality of the Services. JurisBytes will not display your personal contact information to other users without your permission. The information we gather from users enables us to verify user identity, allows our users to set up a user account and profile through the Services, and helps us personalize and improve our Services. We retain this information to provide the Services to you and our other users and to provide a useful user experience. When you update your information, we may keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time in case you need to need to go back to that version.
2. Information you provide to us: We receive and store any information you knowingly enter on the Services, whether via computer, mobile phone, other wireless device, or that you provide to us in any other way. With your express consent, you may be able to upload, import or sync contact information from your mobile device (for example, from your case management system or your address book) to JurisBytes. This information may include Personal Information such as your and your clients’ names, phone numbers, email addresses, photographs, case information or Organization affiliation (which may be used to validate your account or to provide you with notifications via the Services from a client, your firm or an affiliated Organization ("Notifications"), or any other information necessary for us to provide our Services. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the Personal Information we receive about you to provide you with the Services and also for purposes such as:
a) Authenticating your identity,
b) Responding to your requests for certain information,
c) Customizing the features that we make available to you,
d) Suggesting relevant services or products for you to use,
e) Improving the Services and internal operations (including troubleshooting, testing, and analyzing usage),
f) Communicating with you about new features; and
g) Protecting our users and working towards making sure our Services are safe and secure.
3. You may modify or remove your Personal Information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your account information. If an Organizer or a verified Organization administrator uploads or adds information about you to your account, you may have to contact and work directly with that Organizer or administrator in order to modify or remove that information.
4. Information collected automatically: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you use the Services. JurisBytes automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including JurisBytes cookie information, the page you requested, and other usage information such as your activity on the Services, the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components. None of this information constitutes Personal Information. Certain information that is collected automatically, such as device ID, IP address and phone number, will be treated as Personal Information. In addition, JurisBytes may obtain information from a third party Case Management System (CMS) provider, which will include, at a minimum, basic directory and client contact information that is personally identifiable information concerning each client of your Organization. This information is collected only for the purpose of offering and improving our Services.
5. We also may provide to our partners aggregate information derived from automatically collected information about how our users, collectively, use our site. We may share this type of non-personally identifiable, aggregated statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services as well as JurisBytes’ Services.
E. JurisMs Mobile Application
1. When users use the JurisMS mobile application, we automatically collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address, device ID, device type, and what operating system (OS) the user is running.
2. We collect users' IP addresses whenever they use our mobile application, which provides us with a coarse approximation of the user's location at the city level in order for JurisBytes to, for example:
a) Provide Organizers with a geo-specific long-code (i.e., generic phone number with a local area code);
b) Provide support features to our users; and
c) Enable other internal measurement and Services features.
3. We also may, with your express consent, request more specific location information in order to provide you with more relevant information. We will not store or track your device location on an ongoing basis or without your permission. We may also collect location-based information from users as part of providing the Services and in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations for the user's jurisdiction.
F. Email and text message communications
1. If you provide us your email address or phone number, JurisBytes may send you administrative messages (such as updates, notifications, newsletters, and other news) relating to the Services or to respond to communications from you.
2. By maintaining a JurisBytes account and/or not opting out of receiving information from JurisBytes, you acknowledge and agree that you may receive e-mail or text messages on your phone or mobile device from other JurisBytes users, from JurisBytes and/or its agents (as described below) and other individuals or companies if you choose to use services or products that they offer.
3. Receiving these messages may cause you to incur usage charges or other fees or costs in accordance with your wireless or data service plan. Any and all such charges, fees, or costs are your sole responsibility. You should consult with your wireless carrier to determine what rates, charges, fees, or costs may apply. We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us if your computer supports this type of program. If you no longer wish to receive administrative email messages from JurisBytes you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each message or by contacting us at email@example.com.
G. Push notifications
1. We send notices to you when you are sent a message by one of your clients or administrators, or when JurisBytes needs to inform you of something. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may turn them off at the device level. What this is saying
2. There are different notification options. We may send push notifications to your firm; you can always opt out of these.
H. Cookies, pixels, and local storage
2. A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we (or our agents) may use pixels to learn whether you've interacted with certain web or email content on our Services. This helps us measure and improve our Services and personalize your experience with JurisBytes.
3. Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with JurisBytes.
4. JurisBytes uses these technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our Services in various ways. These uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
a) Authentication and security
(1) To log you into JurisBytes.
(2) To protect your security.
(3) To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate JurisBytes's policies.
(1) To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
c) Analytics and research
(1) To help us improve and understand how people use our Services.
I. Mobile analytics
1. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality and improve the performance of our mobile software on your phone or other mobile devices.
2. This software may collect, store and use information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
3. This software may share information it collects with other third parties:
a) As part of providing the analytics services;
b) With integrations that advance case management and client satisfaction; and,
c) To comply with applicable laws.
J. What happens when I associate my account with a firm or other organization?
1. Users may have the choice of associating their account with a firm or other Organization. This may be required (for example) for practicing attorneys employed by a firm, and may be either required or strongly encouraged for other types of Organizers, such as firm managers and administrators, in order to customize and control the use of certain features of the Services by members of your Organization.
2. Other users may be employed by a firm or Organization that contracts with JurisBytes for use of JurisBytes's Plans and this may automatically create an account for any or all of the employees of that Organization and associate their accounts with the firm or Organization.
3. By associating your account with an Organization, you acknowledge and agree that a verified Organization administrator, manager, technology specialist, or other party authorized by the Organization (such as Organizers associated with the same Organization) may be able to view your User Submissions (including your Personal Information and messaging content). In addition, verified Organization administrators and Organizers, and school or district administrators may be able to make administrative changes to your account, such as, adding or removing permissions, setting automatic periods of time when messaging is not permitted per firm policy, sending messages on your behalf, and more.
4. If you are an Organizer affiliated with an Organization, you acknowledge that JurisBytes may enable other users who are associated with the same Organization to contact. Participants may also contact each other (in addition to viewing User Submissions). JurisBytes does not display in a user's account profile personal contact information of the user to any other users without prior
K. Will JurisBytes share any of the personal information it receives?
1. JurisBytes relies on its users to provide accurate Personal Information in order to provide our Services. We try our best to protect that information and make sure that we are responsible in handling, disclosing, and retaining your data. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. If other JurisBytes users, other individuals or companies whose products you choose to use, have access to your Personal Information (for example, your messaging content), they may use and share that information in ways that JurisBytes cannot, and does not, control. JurisBytes shares your Personal Information in personally identifiable form as described below.
2. Agents and third party service providers: Advertising is not permitted on the Services. However, we may, from time to time, employ other companies to perform tasks on our behalf and help us provide certain features of our Services, and may need to share your information with those companies in order to provide our Services to you. Some examples of services for which we may use agents include sending email or SMS, analyzing data, providing user services, and searching for any security vulnerabilities. These agents may use Personal Information we share with them, for example, to provide their services to you and/or us, and to measure and improve the performance of their services. We will update this Policy as appropriate to provide further information about the agents we use as part of the Services (including any of their specific terms or policies that are applicable and that may govern use of your information).
3. JurisBytes commits itself to reviewing the privacy policies and practices of these agents and third party service providers in order to verify that they are capable of complying with JurisBytes's policies and practices, including those related to the collection, use, transfer, confidentiality, security and integrity of user data. As a condition of contracting with JurisBytes, those agents and third-party service providers commit, in writing, to providing at least equivalent privacy and security for your data as does JurisBytes.
4. Additional Information for EU Individuals Regarding Transfers to Third Parties Governed by GDPR: If you are from the EU and one of our agents or third-party service providers fails to uphold these standards with respect to your Personal Information that we transferred to that agent or provider on your behalf, that agent or third-party service provider may be liable for any injury as required by GDPR.
5. Additional Information for EU and Swiss Individuals Regarding Transfers to Third Parties Governed by Privacy Shield: In cases of onward transfer of data of EU or Swiss individuals to third-party agents or service providers in the US received pursuant to the EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield, JurisBytes is potentially liable. JurisBytes will work with you to resolve any such failure and, if the provider is no longer able to resolve the matter, JurisBytes will resolve the matter and may bear responsibility if there is any liability. We will review those agents' policies and practices at least annually, but you should review them as well. You hereby consent to our sharing of information about you (including, in some cases, Personal Information) for such purposes.
6. Business transfers
a) If JurisBytes (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired by another company, user information may be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by that company. You acknowledge that such a transfer may occur, and that any acquirer of JurisBytes may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
b) You will be notified via email or some other means of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information (including the right to delete your information).
c) If JurisBytes were to go out of business without a successor, JurisBytes would delete your information.
7. Protection of JurisBytes and others
a) We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to:
(1) Comply with the law or national security request (for example, responding to a subpoena or other legal process);
(2) Enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or
(3) Protect the rights, property, or safety of JurisBytes, our employees, our users, or others. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection or responding to government requests.
b) We also may be required to disclose an individual's personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
8. Sharing of Personal Information with your consent
a) You will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with agents or companies other than JurisBytes and you will be given the option to prevent the sharing of this information unless JurisBytes determines that not disclosing this to you prior to your information being shared is necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes or we are prohibited by law or legal processes from informing you in advance.
L. Information Security
1. The security of our users’ personal information and the personal information of our users’ clients is a top priority for JurisBytes.
2. JurisBytes has protections in place to enhance our users' security, and routinely update these protections.
3. We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure of or access to personal information. In particular:
a) Our development team is dedicated to keeping your personal information secure.
b) We will employ the assistance of industry-leading auditors to review and guide our security policies and procedures.
c) JurisBytes stores its data within an AWS region.
d) JurisBytes's main database and all backups are encrypted at rest.
e) The AWS cloud infrastructure has been designed and managed in compliance with regulations, standards, and best-practices, including HIPPA, SOC 1/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 (formerly SAS70), SOC 2, SOC 3, PCI DSS Level 1, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, DIACAP and FISMA, ITAR, FIPS 140-2, CSA, and MPAA.
f) Our production systems are monitored to identify potentially malicious actions that may take place.
4. All JurisBytes clients use TLS/SSL when communicating with our servers.
5. JurisBytes endeavors to protect user information and to ensure that user account information is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. If JurisBytes knows or becomes aware of a security breach of its users' personally identifiable information, JurisBytes will notify affected users as required by applicable laws and may post a notice on the Services as required by applicable law(s). For additional information about the security measures we use in connection with the Services, please contact us at info@JurisBytes.com.
M. Third party services
1. You may be able to access certain third party products through JurisBytes's Services to share content to or from another website or app. These are not JurisBytes products; they are another company's and we do not control their privacy and security practices so only you can decide whether to connect your JurisBytes account with another company's services.
2. Payment processing services on JurisBytes are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the "Stripe Services Agreement"). By agreeing to the Agreement, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, which Stripe may modify from time to time. As a condition of JurisBytes enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide JurisBytes with accurate and complete information about you and your entity (if applicable), and you authorize JurisBytes to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
3. The third party products you choose to use on JurisBytes may need to collect and use your Personal Information in order to provide their services to you; in order to use any products or services offered by anyone other than JurisBytes, you must review and agree to their specific terms and privacy policies.
4. Our Services may also include access to, among others:
a) Workplace productivity apps that allow for the sharing of content, such as but not limited to, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, etc.;
b) Case Management Systems such as but not limited to Practice Panther, Clio, MyCase, etc.; or
c) Social media features, such as the Facebook "Like" button, and widgets, such as the "Share this" button or interactive mini-programs that run on our site.
5. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by another company or hosted directly on our Services.
N. Special Notice for Users from the EU
1. JurisBytes acknowledges that individuals from the EU have the right to access the personal information that we maintain about them. Any individual from the EU who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct their query to info@JurisBytes.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
O. What information can I access and modify?
1. As a JurisBytes account holder, you have access to view and update the following information at your discretion:
a) information in your user account (such as your email address);
b) Participant names;
c) User preferences,
d) Organization (or firm) affiliation; and
e) Content in your account (note that once provided, you may not be able to edit or remove certain types of content, such as messages)
This list may change as the Services change. Administrators or Organizers may have the right to edit any of the above-referenced information and more, at their discretion.
2. How do I delete my account?
a) You can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain JurisBytes features.
b) You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Information Can I Access" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Certain types of communication you send to other users cannot be removed, such as message content.
c) You may request deletion of your JurisBytes account by accessing your account online or contacting us at info@JurisBytes.com. Note, if you are a Participant or Organizer and you request to delete your account, JurisBytes may notify the Organization and the Organizer(s) of the firm or organization you are affiliated with of your deletion request. Please note that certain information may remain in our records, server logs and archives after deletion of your account. JurisBytes retains this information for purposes such as diagnosing problems with the service and for auditing legal investigations, but reserves the right to delete this information in accordance with its standard business practices in effect from time to time. Further, information and other content you have provided may remain visible elsewhere to the extent such content was copied or stored by other users.
d) If the information you are requesting to delete was uploaded or otherwise provided by a verified administrator of an Organization to which you belong (for example, through CSV or SIS integration), then you must request deletion of that information directly from the Organization. JurisBytes may inform the Organizer(s) and/or Organization(s) you are affiliated with when you request to delete your JurisBytes account.
Q. Questions or concerns
1. If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy when using JurisBytes's Services, please contact us and send us a detailed message at the contact information below. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.